Since Having a Child, I've Learned That....

Since having a baby I have learned alot, I've realized alot and I've found out alot about myself, my husband, our families, new perspectives on many things and new capabilities. Some funny...Some not so funny but were all moms and I'm sure we can all relate. So read on and even join in by leaving a comment or emailing me so that I can add it to the list... Don't forget to leave your name & town, state. I look forward to reading and sharing what we've all learned in mommyhood!
The following comments are in no particular order.. except the first one! lol





SINCE HAVING A CHILD, I'VE LEARNED THAT...


  1. I think the no.1 thing I have learned about myself since having a child is the ability to pick things up with my feet while carrying my baby! You know, especially those toys they drop repeatedly or those must have items (phone, remote, etc.) that are just out of reach when you're nursing or when you've finally got the lil' one to sleep. Now if I can just learn to cook with 'em while I got the lil one in tow... ew.
    Hollie San Julian, AZ.

  2. The other no.1 thing is my ability to function with one arm. With the baby in tow on hip is just my way of life now. It's crazy the things a mommy can actually do with one arm and two feet. Read my blog post, 'A Hip Full of Baby,' here!
    hollie San Julian, Az

  3. I've learned that I am more than capable of functioning on very minimal sleep. AND I mean MINIMAL. My 9 month old still wakes every 45min-1.5 hrs to nurse throughout the night!
    Hollie San Julian, AZ

  4. Since having a baby, I've realized that my patience can go from 0-100 in 2.2 sec! There's just no in between for me... I am either very patient or very impatient. There's just some days you can't help it. Every mom needs a break.. go take a short walk outside and breath in the fresh air! I'm still learning that getting outside the confining walls of home helps tremendously. I just have a hard time remembering that when everything I need to do IS in the house. lol..
    Hollie San Julian, AZ

  5. I've learned that having a baby does not strengthen a marriage, it only makes you have to work harder at it.
    Hollie San Julian, AZ

  6. I've learned that watching my hubby play, love and teach our baby things is one of the most heartfilling feelings a a person can witness.
    Hollie San Julian, AZ

  7. I am still learning at this one but since having a baby, I've realized that not everything needs to be so organized and orderly. Now, I am sure my hubs would disagree with this one but i am trying. It's just better to put that laundry off a lil' longer or leave the toys all over the floor til later and use that time to roll on the floor for some quality time with the most special people in our lives.
    Hollie San Julian, AZ

  8. Since having a baby I've realized that I should have cherished every moment when I could just get up and go somewhere. NOW, ... well you know.. diapers, milk, getting the lil one dressed, diaper bags, change of clothes, toys, wipees, bulky cart covers, pacifiers, favorite blankys, snacks... It's endless and yet still you always forget something. Oh yes, the baby, getting baby in carseat (when they hate it and fight it), making sure they are entertained, Trying to drive properly while they are screaming. Then finally getting to the destination and now it's their naptime... it's a vicious circle! lol
    Hollie San Julian, AZ

  9. After having a baby, I now notice how big the tiniest of noises are when the baby is sleeping. Normally those noises never made any impact on my life.. but when this kid is asleep, the even the air conditioning turning on could potentially wake her AND PISS me off!
    Hollie San Julian, AZ

  10. I've learned that you have to be very very very creative when it comes to 'one on one' time (no pun intended) with your hubby. Those leizurely sex sessions are gone out the window. 'Quickies' are what they are now. LOL!

    Hollie San Julian, Az

  11. Since the kiddo has arrived, I've learned that I should have cherished the moments when I could eat in peace. Remember the nights out with the hubsters?.. nice restaurant, wine, appetizers, nowhere to be but just in the moment... When eating consisted of chewing instead of shoveling.
    Hollie San Julian, AZ
  12. Since having a baby, I've learned that video baby monitors are not just for babies. Wanna spice up a night with the hubs? After baby is asleep sneak the video monitor and give the hubsters a peep show for his eyes only. wink, wink ;) Have fun!
    Hollie San Julian, AZ
  13. After having a baby I have learned that it's not as easy as I thought to lose the 'baby' fat. So I take advantage of the time I have while Breastfeeding her and I stand and do squats, leg lifs, ab exercise. It really works AND puts her right to sleep!
    Hollie San Julian, AZ




Relative Post: